The Duke Telestroke Network advances the best practices in evidence-based stroke care by offering virtual clinical coverage paired with programmatic assistance.
The Duke Telestroke Network extends the services of the Duke Stroke Center, certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Duke's stroke specialists provide remote, consultative call coverage for acute stroke diagnosis and treatment recommendations 24/7 to facilitate targeted growth of our telestroke affiliates by keeping stroke patients local for their care.
The Duke Telestroke Network offers our affiliates comprehensive support with quality overisght through the following:
- Rapid, virtual access to Duke specialists for stroke consultations (24/7/365),
- Program assessment and development for the advancement of best practices in stroke care,
- Support for the development of evidence-based protocols, guidelines and policies,
- Education to expand the availability of evidence-based stroke care into the community and
- Quality oversight by developing best processes including immediate access to the Duke Telestroke Coordinator for urgent or emergent issues.
The Duke Telestroke Network Team