Duke LifePoint Healthcare* is dedicated to strengthening and improving healthcare delivery by building a network of hospitals, physicians and healthcare services that are quality driven, adaptive to change and financially strong.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture between DUHS, one of the country's leading academic medical centers, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to making communities healthier. We joined forces because we share an interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence, quality care and patient safety with LifePoint's extensive resources, knowledge and experience in hospital operations. Together, we are making communities healthier.
Duke provides dedicated resources to support Duke LifePoint hospitals in advancing quality, patient safety and clinical excellence within their local communities.
The Duke Quality Network connects Duke LifePoint hospitals to the quality and patient safety resources of Duke Medicine through a proven model focused on leadership, performance improvement and a culture of safety. The Quality Network team works with organizations to build on strengths and successes by guiding and supporting hospital leadership and engaging staff and providers in quality and patient safety activities. Duke LifePoint quality resources available to network hospitals are unique in that they:
- Support a culture of safety working hand-in-hand with our hospitals, physicians and board members
- Provide access to unparalleled clinical and operational resources in patient safety, clinical quality, performance improvement and accreditation/regulatory compliance
In addition, the Duke Clinical Engagement team fosters collegial peer relationships among Duke and Duke LifePoint providers, staff and administrators. Examples of our services include:
- Facilitated discussions with Duke specialty clinicians on the latest evidence-based practice guidelines
- CME and CE
- Visiting Professorships with Duke faculty onsite at Duke LifePoint hospitals to participate in Patient Safety Walkrounds, specialty service discussions and CME or a community event
- Day at Duke with Duke LifePoint providers and staff meeting with Duke colleagues on the Duke campus for education, observation and programmatic discussions
Together, Making Communities Healthier
Duke LifePoint partners with community hospitals to ensure that they have the resources they need to prosper and enhance the quality care and services they provide. We are seeking partnerships with hospitals that share our commitment to quality care and are looking to become part of a stable, well-funded system. We partner with these hospitals in many ways, including acquisitions, shared ownership and governance agreements and joint ventures with medical facilities and health providers.
Regardless of the partnership model, Duke is committed to each hospital's success and to collaborating with Duke LifePoint hospitals through a variety of resources.
To learn more about Duke Lifepoint Healthcare, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.